Re: Converting to btrfs

On 29/01/12 18:21, Christian Dysthe wrote:
Hi,

I have an older laptop running Sid I like to play around with. I would
like to check out the new btrfs file system and know you can easily convert
from  ext4 to btrfs. The disk is partitioned with a small /boot partition, a
10 gb / partition and a /home parirtion taking the rest of the disk (except
for swap). As long as I keep the /boot parition ext4 do I have to do more
than point to the new UUIDs in fstab after conversion and update grub?

Its been a while since I made myself a setup like this - but I think you will also have to ensure that initramfs has the bttrfs driver in it.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk