Re: Using wheezy or testing in sources.list for security updates

On 29/01/12 21:51, Colin wrote:
> Hi all,
> After reading the security support on testing[1], I was thinking if I
> would use wheezy at the moment on my sources.list instead of testing,
> then I would all have the "updates" from testing plus the security
> ones?
> Or should I just use 'deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates
> main contrib non-free' ?

Where possible use wheezy in place of testing.

As others have pointed out Wheezy (*currently*) == Testing. That will
change when Wheezy becomes Stable. Using Wheezy instead of Testing (it's
just a synonym at present) will allow you to decide whether you wish to
remain with Testing when Wheezy becomes stable.

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/