Re: debian losing usb detection after guest OS sees a USB device in virtualbox

On 29/01/12 15:33, H.S. wrote:
> On 28/01/12 11:03 PM, H.S. wrote:

>>> I am not getting anything in the USB devices list to add to the filters.
>>
>> Now after commenting out that usb related in /etc/fstab, I am getting
>> the Tomtom device in the USB list of virtualbox. Let me try your
>> suggestion and I will report back.
>>

> It looks like the network manager is trying to activate Tomtom as a usb0
> device. The device is being grabbed by a usb networking device (it is
> listed in /proc/bus/usb/devices) and thus is not available to the VM.
>
> So, looks like I need to somehow make network manager not mess with
> Tomtom when it is plugged in.

Unfortunately I can't help. But you're installed docs may be useful, the
upstream is:-
http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/

I would be useful for others if you post your success at getting NM to
ignore a device here.

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/