Re: debian losing usb detection after guest OS sees a USB device in virtualbox

On 29/01/12 13:45, H.S. wrote:
> On 28/01/12 08:53 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

>> I get occasional warnings related to USB about lack of space when
>> starting a VirtualBox machine, which is fixed with:-
>> # dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-4.1
>
> Haven't tried that yet.

Only needed if you get the message:-
"Failed to access the USB subsystem.
Could not load the Host USB Proxy service: VERR_DISK_FULL."

>> Also check that you have the latest VirtualBox guest extensions installed.
>
> I think that I do. I will check shortly.
>

>> If all that fails - test some other USB devices before trying the
>> VirtualBox forums.
>
> (see above), a USB stick works.

So USB support is working in your VM.

NOTE: TomTom with the latest updates requires the use of the EHCI drive
in VirtualBox, which in turns requires IOMMU support.

> I tried Tomtom again. It is shown in the USB device's list, in the guest
> OS, as:
> Linux 2.6.28.10 with dwc_otg_pcd Tomtom [0327]
>
> Once I check that to use it in the guest OS, it disappears and takes all
> my USB detection and stuff from Debian too.

Try launching that VM machine from the cli and noting the output.

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/