Re: Network issues with lan and wifi

On 29/01/12 09:42, � wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently purchased a 802.11n wifi pci card and placed it my pc.
> After that, I proceeded to install debian. I noted that I could not
> configure the wifi network from the installer (it's probably possible,
> but I don't know how) so I attached a network cable and the
> installation ran smoothly.
> Now I'm booting into debian, with the cable still connected since I
> have no network manager for wifi, and the connection is crappy. It's
> not a hardware or internet problem since this same PC in windows has
> no issues, as the other PC's in my house.
>
> Now I removed the wifi card and the network runs with no problems.
> What could be causing this? I'll provide info if you need any

Which Debian?
(Testing, Stable, Unstable, Experimental)
What Architecture?
(amd64, itanium, arm, ppc, i386 etc)
Linux or kfreebsd?
How?
(I just hit enter and got GNOME, I put GNOME on and added
KDE/XFCE/FluxBox/, I did a minimal install etc. etc.)
Does your computer have a manufacturer name and a model?
Likewise the wireless card
What is the access point you're connecting to?
(do you own it? how do you connect? static address, dynamic, encryption
protocol etc).

> Thanks!

Cheers