Re: System hangs due to NFS share

On 24. 01. 12 22:41, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 25/01/12 04:50, Sylvain wrote:
On 24. 01. 12 09:28, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 24/01/12 18:50, Sylvain wrote:
I tried to SIGKILL the [nfsiod] process but it didn't get killed. I
also tried to kill the various rpcbind processes but it didn't change
anything.

I also tried autofs as Scott suggested, but the same problem occured
when I unplugged the network cable (most of the system hangs, can't
reboot nor halt). Here's how I configured autofs:

/etc/auto.misc:
bazinga -retry=1,rw,hard,size=8192,wsize=8192
192.168.2.77:/DataVolume/Public

bazinga -fstype=nfs,bg,-retries=1,timeo=1,rw,soft,size=8192,wsize=8192
192.168.2.77:/DataVolume/Public

/etc/auto.master:
/misc   /etc/auto.misc --timeout 20

/misc   /etc/auto.misc

Putting this in my /etc/auto.* files seems to have solved the problem. I can start Dolphin without any problem and I don't experience any freeze anymore (and I can even shut down my computer, yay!).

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help.

Cheers,
Sylvain