Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 18:48 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> > Running wheezy - kde plasma desktop
> >
> > I want to get rid of pulseaudio.  I almost never even use sound in
> > linux and I see it always chugging away at 5-8 % cpu.  That seems a
> > bit extreme some how.
>
> It seems worth reporting a bug if it's really consuming that much CPU on
> a regular basis... I've never seen it consuming significant CPU on any
> of my systems (although it's certainly running, and seems to work fine);
> when playing a video or something with sound, sometimes PA hits 1%.
>
> Maybe it's a bug in the way KDE uses it (I don't use KDE)?
>
> -Miles

I agree, I've got one Ubuntu DAW amd64, where PA is installed and
running, but I'm not using PA and it don't use any CPU resources of the
Athlon dual-core 2.1 GHz. Anyway, getting rid of PA if it isn't used is
the best way to go, since PA can become a PITA.

- Ralf