Re: Just what does _DEBIAN_ mean by "live"

On 27/01/12 09:33, Lisi wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2012 22:03:01 Tom H wrote:
>> To Lisi: I don't really see the advantage of Knoppix of the Live CDs
>> of Debian/Fedora/Ubuntu in any of the four DE flavors. It's just a
>> question of habit and preference.
>
> Yes, I like it better.  In the past it was generally accepted as the best

It was the first Live CD AFAIK.
(I don't know if Klaus reads this list - he posted on a debian list this
morning though)

<snipped>

> But I don't want to start a flame war.

It would be a silly flame war ;-p
See reasons at:-
debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org
:-D

In some instances Knoppix has advantages over the "pure" Debian Live
CDs, the main ones being:-
; kudzu hardware detection
(http://wiki.debian.org/HardwareAutodetection)
; ADRIANE
(a truly astonishing work).

<snipped>

> Lisi

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/