usbmount and user permissions

Hi all

I've recently installed usbmount on Squeeze in order to mount a usb floppy disk drive to read old floppies. However, usbmount has now taken over everytime I mount something using usb and only allows me - as user - to copy from the usb device, not write to it or delete it, and has to be unmounted using sudo umount /media/usb0

My question is: how do I change this so that I can write and umount the usb device as user? So far, I have tried: chown, chgrp and chmod all with no effect. User is also added to all the groups that seem relevant. Research on-line only refers to the chmod, chgrp and chown options as well.

Any further ideas on how to change this please?

Thanks
AG