git-fatal-index-pack-failed , anyway to get verbose output ?

hi all,
I was trying to pull orange engine and I was getting errors. So I
thought I would remove the whole directory and start afresh but still
got the message. Any idea what could be wrong ?

$ git clone git://gitorious.org/orange-engine/orange-engine.git orange-engine
Cloning into 'orange-engine'...
remote: Counting objects: 3176, done.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly11)
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

Looking forward to hear what could be the issue.

Update: This might have to do with gitorious rolling out a new
version, can somebody check ?

https://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/ab7f1e107ceeabd9

https://gitorious.org/gitorious/pages/Versioning

Looking forward for answers.

Also I did have some updates (one stable kernel release update though)
which might also have affected, no idea.

Is there a way to get a verbose output as to why its failing or
hanging up unexpectedly ?

Looking forward to answers.
--
          Regards,