Re: Music software

On 24/01/12 21:25, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I'm running Mepis which is a squeeze spinoff.  I have started taking music
> lessons.  My instructor plays a tune and I record it.  I want to then play it
> back slowed down, without changing the pitch of the notes so that I can "play
> along."  Tried audacity (1.3.12), but it lowers the pitch of the notes when I
> slow the music down.

Were you using the Change Speed Effect or Reduce Play-at-speed[*1]
(slider with Green Play button)?

Audacity crashes (Squeeze) if you reduce the speed[*1] more than approx
0.29X - but you're not going to want to play slower than 0.7x.

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/