Re: Just what does _DEBIAN_ mean by "live"

On Ma, 24 ian 12, 13:21:48, Richard Owlett wrote:
>  I downloaded a 770MB file titled
> debian-live-6.0.3-i386-lxde-desktop.iso .
> Burned a DVD.    Got some surprises :<
> Evidently "start working right away" means using an open office app.
> [a suite that is irrelevant for me]
> Not only is there no way to connect to internet, there is no app for
> configuring a possible connection to the internet.

LXDE is a lightweight desktop environment and doesn't include a network
management software. You probably want the Gnome version instead.

> The second unkind surprise arrived when I popped the DVD into tray
> of an operating Windows(tm) machine after inviting me to blindly
> install. It triggered my browser bringing up README.txt which said
> in part:

[...]

Could you please post the link where you downloaded the image? Even
better if you can also provide a checksum (md5, sha...).

Kind regards,
Andrei