Re: What´s wrong with fetchmail? (Re: POP3 in Debian)

On 24 Jan 2012, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:15:33PM +0200, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>

> > It's fine if it works for you, but some years ago I had problems
> > authenticting myself to a mail server with fetchmail. I switched to
> > getmail4 and it worked instantly. I can't remember the details now but
> > I've always used getmail4 since them.
>
> I have used fetchmail for many years (might be about 15 now).  At more
> than one stage I experimented with getmail which also worked but I
> always came back to fetchmail.  I found getmail a bit more complicated
> (or maybe it was just 'strange' for me) to configure properly.
>
> Regards
> Johann

Interesting. I found getmail easy to configure, using the examples in
the docs as a template. Anyway, this just illustrates one of the nice
things about Linux - lots of different ways to get the result you want.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - using Linux