Re: What´s wrong with fetchmail? (Re: POP3 in Debian)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:15:33PM +0200, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> It's fine if it works for you, but some years ago I had problems
> authenticting myself to a mail server with fetchmail. I switched to
> getmail4 and it worked instantly. I can't remember the details now but
> I've always used getmail4 since them.

I have used fetchmail for many years (might be about 15 now).  At more
than one stage I experimented with getmail which also worked but I
always came back to fetchmail.  I found getmail a bit more complicated
(or maybe it was just 'strange' for me) to configure properly.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Look not every man on his own things, but every man
      also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you,
      which was also in Christ Jesus"
                                Philippians 2:4,5