Re: Cusp finally working BUT something missing PARTLY SOLVED

On 01/22/2012 04:11 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 01/22/2012 12:14 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 13:24:17 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:

I have not been able to use cups on any of my Debian boxes since
upgrading to MB's without parallel port connectors for over a year,
until now. I was finally able to use my USB-> parallel adapter to
connect to the HP Printer.

I can now print but am missing features that used to be there before, or
I have missed something.

When printing with iceweasel the printer options no longer have a 'Print
Selected' box. The File/Page Setup no longer has the setting for
headers or footers. Am I missing package or has printing gone
backwards? I am used to upgrading to 'better' features so maybe I am
spoiled.

The Headers/footers are again working but I have not found what may have been upgraded to fix this.

my Print/)Options Tab is missing the print selections here on wheezy and
ISTR it is missing on Stable & Sid here as well. I will have to check
that again though.

Print/Options Print Selections is still missing

But I'm using GNOME and this can be make a difference. What DE/WM are you
using?

Fluxbox

One more "feature' I notice is that I have to unplug, then re-plugn the
USB-> parallel nearly every time I print a document or cups can't find
the printer. That is a real PITA!

An upgrade of uuid-runtime "MAY" have solved this. I was able to print 3 different files without haveing to un-plug/re-plug the USB cable.

Fingers crossed that these problems were/are on someone's radar.

Thanks for the help  Camaleon

Best Regards
Wayne