Re: [solved] Re: Unable to boot into CompactFlash card - card not found by initrd (BIOS does not support CF booting)

On 23/01/12 22:37, Michael Lange wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I could hardly believe it myself, but I actually got it working now,

Glad to hear it, and congratulations!
(CF boot space, the final frontier?)

If you wanted to boot different CF cards you could possible compile
those modules as GRUB modules, add them to GRUB, then insmod them as
part of the CF card menu entry. Only worth it if you had a few different
CF cards and didn't want to modify the initrd for them (if you also used
them on other machines which BIOS supported CF booting)

<snipped>

> Michael

Thanks for posting the method you used, I'm sure it will prove useful to
others.

Cheers.

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/