Re: System hangs due to NFS share

On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 11:47 +0100, Sylvain wrote:

> I already tried this option too, but it didn't help. Also according to
> the manpage:
>
> > The intr / nointr mount option is deprecated after kernel 2.6.25.  Only SIGKILL can interrupt a pending NFS operation on these kernels, and  if  specified, this mount option is ignored to provide backwards compatibility with older kernels.

OK, the man page is not yet available on lenny.

Have you tried to kill the process using SIGKILL? What happens if you
do? I assume this behaviour is related to the state TASK_KILLABLE which
was introduced in kernel 2.6.25. In previous kernels a process waiting
for I/O was in TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE and never get the signal you send
it.

Frank