Re: gdm3 - how to put a picture on the login screen?

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 07:55:42PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> In an effort to make my life with wheezy more beautiful/serene and
> less silly-looking, I've been exploring ways to personalize the
> various screen parts.
>
> The gdm3 login screen by default provides a list of possible users
> and their names with a place that looks like it's intended to hold a
> picture (or avatar, if you will) of the person.

Here's my gdm login screen:
http://tonybaldwin.me/imgs/myGDMloginscreen.jpg
Definitely possible to customize it.
But, this is on Squeeze, and was done with the GDM Setup
in the Debian menu.
(I don't know for sure where that is in Gnome, since I'm using openbox,
but I would guess
Applications > System > Administration > GDM Setup

> How does one set that avatar to something more interesting than the
> default shadow head?

same GDM Setup program offers this, as well.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!