squeeze on a Dell Latitude D620

The squeeze netinstall doesn't have the driver software for this laptop's Broadcom 4311 Ethernet card. And it can't find the WiFi card. So I'm trying to install a netinstall with no net.

I'm installing from a USB stick. I can't download a DVD install because the USB stick I have is only 2GB. (The CD drive is out on loan, 1000 miles away...)

Can anyone tell me how to get this box going? (WiFi doesn't work either, but I'm not worrying about this right now.)

I have another computer next to it that does have network connectivity, and I've looked at the Debian site for what I think is the right stuff -- I downloaded the .deb, copied to USB, and installed on the laptop (with dpkg). Nothing seems to have happened.

Oh, I looked at the BIOS to make sure Ethernet was on; it is, and it used to work on lenny. lspci shows the Broadcom to be there too.

--
Glenn English