Re: My network speed is only 10MB

T o n g wrote:
Hi, I just tested my network speed. It is only 10MB. But I think it can do better. So,

- How can tell if my network cards can do better than 10MB?
- What's the most probable reason for the slow network speed? I.e., which is a good order that I check for the problem?

Very interesting. So I measured... 11MB/s. Ethtool says card (onboard) can do 100Mb/s. So quite good.

I think: get a faster card and put that in... :-)

So I check NewEgg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122392
10Gb/s:

Check that price! $279.99 Holy Cow! And that's the cheapest one!

Hugo