Re: wget and captcha puzzle !!!

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:59:21AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Bob writes:
> > This should enable the separate wget invocations to appear as a single
> > session client to the remote web site.
>
> But he'll still have to solve the captcha to establish the session.

Indeed.
Isn't the whole point of using captcha to prevent automated access to
stuff? (ie. require human interaction).

Sort of OT, but mentioned in this thread,
Why use $(command) instead of `command`?
Generally, I've always used $(command), but see scripts all over using
`command`, and wondered if there were advantages of one over the other.
It seems they give the same result, no?

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me