Re: [Fwd: Re: enable i915 rc6 save 7 watt on kernel 3.2]

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 03:02:16PM -0800, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
> What are you using to measure your laptop power use?
>
> The LessWatts.org page recommends an external power meter- I wondered if
> you have recommendations or tips for a particular type or method? I'm
> wondering if there is something fairly inexpensive but reliable and
> possibly useful for other things as well. I mean I know there are tons of
>
> I also have the Lenovo T520.

I don't know if there are better method, but I happen to have an
inexpensive external power meter, it looks like a plug with a small LCD
screen, capable of measure from few watt to 2000watt, display voltage,
power factor, and calculate overall power usage, so it is quite handy
for home use. It should be easy to find a good one in local shop or
online.

--
Chen Wei