Re: Unable to boot into CompactFlash card - card not found by initrd

On Thu 19 Jan 2012 at 20:52:23 +0100, Michael Lange wrote:

> So I think what i would need is a way to start at least one of these
> hotplug events, the one that installs the CF card, from within the
> initrd, *before* it tries to mount / from a device which has not yet been
> initialized.

You didn't respond to my final two questions, Contrary to my usual
practice I'll provide their probable outcomes. 'ls -l' would not have
shown the CF card. 'search --label CFCARD' would have said 'no such
device'.

How do you expect GRUB to boot from a device it has no knowledge about?

Good luck, anyway.