Re: POP3 in Debian

Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 schrieb Jon Dowland:
> > On 19/01/12 09:32, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > You could try with fetchmail, but I am not completely sure whether
> > > it can store what it retrieves in a mbox or whether it only
> > > supports maildir.
> >
> > Fairly sure fetchmail (et al) can inject mail to the local MDA, so
> > where it ends up afterwards depends on how you've set up exim or an
> > alternative.
[…]
> And yes fetchmail has such an option.

Well at least I read:

- It's now easy to deliver mail to a local LMTP socket.
http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-features.html

- Delivery via SMTP to the client machine's port 25. This means the
retrieved mail automatically goes to the system default MDA as if it were
normal sender-initiated SMTP mail.

on

http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-features.html