Re: how to download the packages in Debian testing non-free before installing?

Brian wrote:

Please have a closer read of

    http://wiki.debian.org/iwlagn

where it says

    iwlagn is a module produced by the iwlwifi Linux kernel driver, ....

The module is the only software you need. It is free software. The
firmware, on the other hand, isn't. Both together get you all the way
there.

Wheezy is Testing, afair? I want to install Testing anyway: Will that
work with the D/I from testing when I have the firmware ready, or will
there still be software (from non-free) missing needed to make a
wireless connection?

Early in the install (detecting network hardware) you should be informed
about missing non-free firmware and asked to supply it. d-i is set up to
look for it on a USB stick.

You´re probably right: When I look at the "wireless-tools" package, it doesn´t seem to be in the non-free section, only the firmware is. I´ll put it onto an USB stick and give it a try ...