Re: how to download the packages in Debian testing non-free before installing?

On 19/01/12 11:14, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 19/01/12 06:58, lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do I download the packages in the non-free section and make them
>> useable by the Debian installer before starting the installation?
>>
> <snipped>
>
> Easy[*1]:-
>
> # apt-get -d install example_package/s

Ignore that noise - I heard installation as installation of packages
*not* installation of the OS.

Why you'd want to do instead of building from a netinstall CD (with any
required firmware packages) is another question. However:-

You 'could' use apt-zip[*1] or the "apt-get -d" with a live CD and then:-
# cp /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb somewhere_convenient.

Reverse that process after installation of the base packages.

[*1] http://wiki.debian.org/AptZip

Cheers