Re: Kaffeine and Amarok don't play any sounds and crash

Christopher Judd writes:

> On Tuesday 17 January 2012 12:03:59 Alberto Luaces wrote:
>> Alberto Luaces writes:

>> > Since the last amarok update, I also have lost its sound output. Also
>> > using the xine plugin, but I don't have pulseaudio installed. It
>> > sometimes crahes on exit, but not always.
>>
>> It seems xine is the problem. Installing phonon-backend-gstreamer makes
>> sound work again in amarok.
>
> 	Or phonon-backend-vlc.

Exactly. In addition, I have found that my problem lies only in
phonon-backend-xine, since the xine player works correctly. OP mentions
some KDE programs that should be using phonon-backend-xine, but also
«all Xine players».

Grześ, did you try xine-ui?

--
Alberto