Re: "Size mismatch" during safe-upgrade

On 17/01/12 22:20, Meike Stone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Debian 6 and tried to upgrade my system. I made as root a
> ~# aptitude update
> ~# aptitude safe-upgrade
> an got following error:
> ..
> ..
>
> Setting up linux-libc-dev (2.6.32-39squeeze1) ...
> E: Failed to fetch
> http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64_2.6.32-39squeeze1_amd64.deb:
> Size mismatch
>
> Current status: 1 update [-44].
>
> my sources.list:
>
> deb http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/debian/debian/ squeeze main
> contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/debian/debian/ squeeze
> main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>

> What can I do to solve the problem?
>

> Thanks Meike!

Try it again. Wait. Try it again. The recent point release may be
affecting it.

If space permits it's a good idea to pre-download the packages before
doing an upgrade to save network surprises during the process. eg.:-
# apt-get -d upgrade
if that shows no warnings
# apt-get upgrade

There is probably an equivalent for aptitude. Sorry I don't have the man
files to quote.

Cheers