Re: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

On 17/01/12 21:10, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
>> But having a spurious Followup-To header should send a mail client
>>  into the weeds.
>
> Drat!  s/should/should not/

:-)
I understood what you meant.

> But having a spurious Followup-To header should not send a mail
> client into the weeds.
>
> Bob

It doesn't/won't send the client "into the weeds". The client handles it
fine. That is part of the problem:-
1. it would double the network load by creating a post to debian lists
that is copied by gmane, as well as directly sending posting to the
gmane news list using the news protocol. I suspect that gmane would
filter out the duplicate. I get billed for upstream traffic - and I
don't have a lot of bandwidth to spare.
2. my news/usenet account is separate to my internet account and usage
based, so I try and use it only when necessary.

<the following was inserted from your other post>
> But then the client software should be smart enough to actually deal
> with both.
Oh but it does. Happily.
I'd just prefer one or the other - in this case I have zero desire to
post to gmane.

It's now on my long list of extensions to write - ("do you to post to
the organ grinder or the monkey?")

> I saw Enigmail in your mail header (as you saw mutt in mine)

I did not know that - I had to look at the source, I'd assumed it
wouldn't be sent as I don't sign posts to this list.

:-) I didn't actually look at your header - just saw the little Mutt
icon above your post - (just beside the route map).

> Please substitute in the name of your mail user agent instead.

I'm glad we've got that all sorted (we have got it sorted - right?)
:-D

Cheers