Re: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> Which means debian-user list subscribers replying have remove the:-
> CC: gmane.linux.debian.user

But Followup-To is a news header not a mail header.  Why would a mail
client react to it at all?  It is not normal for it to be there at all
for an email message.  It really should only be there on a news
message.  Sure there is a lot of crossover but news is not mail and
mail is not news.  I would hope that a news2mail gateway would strip
that out.  But being there doesn't seem like it should cause serious
problem either.  Followup-To != Mail-Followup-To.  If it were
Mail-Followup-To, a defacto mail standard, then your mail client
should react to it.  But not Followup-To.  It sounds like this is a
bug in your Enigmail client if it is reacting badly to it being there.

Bob