Re: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

Scott Ferguson wrote:

>> Care to elaborate?
>

>>From the header:-
>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty
>

> Which means debian-user list subscribers replying have remove the:-
> CC: gmane.linux.debian.user
>
> It's common for people to post from gmane. Adding the Followup is not.
> (in the 28967 posts in my debian-user Inbox it's happened twice - both
> from you).

Sorry about that. I am using knode to post. It is adding the "Followup-To"
header when composing a message. I have deleted it manually for now. Let me
know if this worked.

> "From" or "On"?
> It's unclear what port of Matlab you are running. Windoof or Linux?

matlab command is issued on the Linux machine. The windows are displayed via
xming on the windows 7 machine.

>>> So the problem is that you cannot copy text from the linux session
>>> (client) to the Windoof session (host) through the Putty session.
>>> Yes?
>>>

>> Not exactly. The problem occurs with matlab command window. I can
>> copy paste text between vim sessions, vim and shell, shell and
>> outlook.
>

> Is this a single Putty session you are talking about?

The effect is the same whether it is the same or different putty sessions.

> I have no problems copying commands within ssh sessions or across
> different ssh sessions, including to matlab. (Debian Squeeze)
>
> I've never tried using Windoof 7 and Putty to access Matlab.

Well, I think this one is a corner case. There are 4 things involved here
windows + xming + putty + matlab. One of them does not speak to the others
properly.

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/