Re: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

On 17/01/12 14:18, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Please don't CC: the newsgroup that copies this list, it's
>> redundant, so please don't send copies of the original to copies of
>> the original.
>
> No Idea what you are talking about. I am using gmane to post the
> message. When I look in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/01/msg01297.html , I do not
> see any CC.

Because it's stripped out of the web version.

> Care to elaborate?

>From the header:-

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

Which means debian-user list subscribers replying have remove the:-
CC: gmane.linux.debian.user

It's common for people to post from gmane. Adding the Followup is not.
(in the 28967 posts in my debian-user Inbox it's happened twice - both
from you).

>> On 17/01/12 12:49, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>>> After logging into a windows 7 machine, I connect to a Debian
>>> stable machine by ssh via putty (0.62). Now I fire up matlab
>>> (7.9.1.671 R2009b) from the Linux machine.

"From" or "On"?
It's unclear what port of Matlab you are running. Windoof or Linux?

I don't know this v7.9 - I only know of v7.13 (for Linux)

>>> The problem is that I am not able to copy any text from Matlab's
>>> command window to vim/shell (opened via putty ssh connection to
>>> the Linux box). The copying does not work to any other windows
>>> application (ex:- outlook) either.
>>
>> So the problem is that you cannot copy text from the linux session
>> (client) to the Windoof session (host) through the Putty session.
>> Yes?
>>

> Not exactly. The problem occurs with matlab command window. I can
> copy paste text between vim sessions, vim and shell, shell and
> outlook.

Is this a single Putty session you are talking about?

> Here vim, shell are opened via putty by sshing into the Linux box.
>

>>> I tried looking in google but is of no help.
>>
>> Someone typed "google" into google and broke the internet. It was
>> rebooted moments ago. [*1]
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=putty+copying+text+from+linux
>>

> This does not help much. The usual copy pasting is not a problem. The
>  problem is the specific case of copying from matlab command window
> to another putty session or to a windows application.
>
> thanks

I have no problems copying commands within ssh sessions or across
different ssh sessions, including to matlab. (Debian Squeeze)

I've never tried using Windoof 7 and Putty to access Matlab.