Re: changing bootup parameters

Can you disrupt something if it is out of the ordinary while the system
boots up?  If not, you may as well wait until after login to find out
what happened.  The only possible case I can conceive of where what you
want to do makes any sense is if a change was done to the system; the
system is being rebooted, and there is a high probability you will never
make it to login without disrupting the boot process to change
something.

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> On 16/01/2012, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> > No point in doing that at all.  If you want to see those messages after
> > login as root or as sudo  root do dmesg >dmesg.log.  Then less dmesg.log
> > will let you view those messages one screen at a time.  Also for a
> > particular issue of interest, dmesg | grep -in "search_string" will show
> > specific lines of dmesg.log pertinent to your search.  I'm coming at
> > this from a blindness perspective and use of speakup on my linux box and
> > that for me makes life far easier over here.
>
> I'm coming at this from an ex-centos user and i like to see the
> messages as they happen before logon, so that I can spot anything out
> of the ordinary. Thats why I want them readable, and reading the log
> after logon is not acceptable.
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> >
> >> where do I change the file output of the boot screen messages that
> >> scroll by so fast and are so small as to be unreadable before you get
> >> to the logon screen please? i want to make them bigger and brighter so
> >> that they are readable, like in RHEL, Fedora or Centos. this is during
> >> bootup and before the logon screen, and so far there is a parameter in
> >> grub which controls this, but what is it and how do i access it
> >> please?

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>