Re: editing pdf files

on 14 Jan 2012 15:39:44 -0500
"John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 20:10 +0000, richard wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:48:43 +0000 (UTC)
> > Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> > > It is?
> > >

> > Acroread both linux and win thing failed to save these forms, with an error
> > Richard
> >

> If form filling is what you are doing, that is very strange.  The form
> fill plugin has worked well for our clients as far as I know.  Is there
> any chance there is something wrong with the form? - John

There could be as the windows product could not do it :)
However after Finding Xournal and using that to create a template.
That had to be done as the sections of the form created by the originator
were shown blank when exported as a pdf. So each pre entered section of the
form had to be overwritten, which looked a mess, until exported as a pdf

What is even more maddening is I pulled down adobe reader 9.4.7 off the adobe
site, and that does fill in all the blanks as required, and it produces a title
bar to say the shaded areas can be edited/filled out.

If it was the form, what was used to create it ?, and is it a sign that
Adobe ,maybe, have introduced something which is not backwardly compatible with
earlier versions of reader, (acroread ).

What I now do, instead of trusting a pdf form has been completed correctly, is
post it to my self and read it with xpdf, And then if that looks OK send it to
where ever it was going in the first place.

Richard