Re: Reciva website

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:15:25 -0500, John Lindsay wrote:

> Does anyone use Reciva to access some internet radio stations? If so,
> how does one get WMA and MP3 formats to play. AAC format allows a
> selection and allows movie player to open and receive the selected
> station (only one I've run across using AAC is an Australian site). I'm
> running Debian 6.

I never heard about that radio station before so I just have tried.

It seems to be using plain links to contact the media streaming which
finally delivers the audio data flow. So basically you need a media
player that can handle the URI and also the encoding format type (aac,
wma and mp3).

Here you have some samples from the above site:

AAC
http://streaming.softcast.com.au:8002/listen.pls

WMA
mms://win4.fast-serv.com/ra45

MP3
http://203.206.231.112:8000/stream.ogg

Encoding format depends on the radio station you select, but you should
have no problems to listen any of them.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón