Re: editing pdf files

hvw59601:
> Siard wrote:
> > hvw59601 wrote:
> > > and www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html ?
> >
> > Those are PDFs with forms. On second thought, that's probably what
> > OP meant. But it wasn't understood as such by the other posters
> > either.
>
> And I also misinterpreted OP's question. Sorry.

??  You're the only one that interpreted OP's question well.
Evince cannot edit a PDF the usual way, but it _can_ fill out PDF forms,
or at least it looks like it can.
So filling out PDF forms is what OP was referring to when talking about
'editing' PDFs.

Acroread should be able to do it, it's in the non-free repository.
I have version 9.4.6, but odd enough it does not work.  ??