Re: Long lasting issue with Asian fonts

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 04:11:57 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:07:10 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> I filed a bug report against package fontconfig and I have sent a
>>> number of updates to the bug address, but I haven't received any
>>> response: http://bugs.debian.org/479035
>>
>> Wow, no reply in almost three years...
>
> I use defoma and never had any problem with Asian fonts.

You mean this?

sm01@stt008:~$ dpkg -l | grep defoma
ii  defoma                               0.11.10-0.2       Debian Font Manager -- automatic font config

Yes, I also have it in my lenny but needed to install some font packs
for the chosen languages. Without them, the fonts cannot be rendered.

> Ironically, fontconfig *is* going to replace defoma in Debian.
> Hopefully by the time I was forced to make the move, the bug had been
> fixed.

I don't think it's a bug, just something the user has to know and so
it has to be documented.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón