Re: malware infesting windows part of dual-boot

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 07:57:21PM -0600, John W. Foster wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 00:45 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Vi, 13 ian 12, 13:04:16, Charles Blair wrote:
> > >
> > >     Can somebody recommend software (preferably free) that
> > > will deal with the bad windows stuff without trashing the
> > > linux system?  I'm concerned that running standard-issue
> > > diagnostic and treatment stuff will tamper with the boot
> > > sector, among other things.
> >
> > clamav?

With clamav you need to make sure you save the log.  I *think* that by
default, clamav only detects viruses and does not delete or quarantine
them.  So you'll need to search through the log for certain keywords
(which I can't remember, but probably something like "infected" or
"detected").

-Rob