Re: Stripping down Debian Squeeze

On Vi, 13 ian 12, 16:56:09, Bijoy Lobo wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am currently Debian Squeeze for a UTM ( Squid3+Snort+OpenVPN+iptables). I
> would like to strip down the OS for better performance of the UTM. It would
> be acting as a gateway to my network so if there is any software within the
> OS which i can uninstall for better performance would certainly help me.

If there were a software that could speed up systems then it would be
installed by default ;)

If you want specific recommendations of (alternative) software for your
application you have to provide *many* more details. Start with:

- hardware configuration
- network topology
- number of hosts
- typical usage of the hosts