Re: how to cp file from windows to laptop

On Thursday 12,January,2012 02:53 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 12/01/12 17:36, lina wrote:
On Thursday 12,January,2012 02:29 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 12/01/12 16:04, lina wrote:
Hi,

I use Terminal Server Client to connect to Windows,

there I only found command prompt and the Windows power shell (x86),

I tried the scp, wincp, it complained that the scp is not recognized.

are there some easy way to cp file from Windows to linux?

better use system default tools. I don't have root privilege in the
Windows.

Thanks,

Putty

They did not have putty installed.
The remote windows os even no adobe reader and other pdf reader.

So... the problem is that you need to read a file, on a remote Windoof
machine (the version of which you haven't told us). But the remote has
no pdf viewer and you wish to copy the file to your machine (Debian) so
that you can read it.

Is that correct?

email? (they do have a browser on the remote box right?)

I mainly use emails. ( but recent the windows live attachement sounds silly, always downloaded as attachment.xml something like that, now I use gmail).

Possible overkill for one file - but what about using a ftp or SAMBA
server on the Debian box?
I don't know how to use ftp and SAMBA.

except Terminal server client, I tried ssh not work.

Cheers

Thanks,