Re: Gnome Shell battery indicator missing

2012-01-11 20:26, Panayiotis Karabassis skrev:
The title is self-explanatory. This is a new installation of Wheezy.

Has anyone else observed this?

Yes, i see it too in a wheezy installation I installed this year.

The only related message I can find in the logs, is a complaint about
gnome-power-manager missing. Indeed the package with the same name
contains only a gnome-power-statistics binary.

I think that such functionality is being moved around (between libraries) in the transition to gnome 3.0 to gnome 3.2, and since wheezy currently contains a mixture of the two releases (gnome-shell is not yet updated to 3.2), I have just assumed that it would return when gnome-shell 3.2 transitions to wheezy.

I am neither certain, nor do I have a solution, but if I had considered this a major problem, I would have updated gnome-shell to 3.2 from unstable (and some other gnome-related packages would also have to be upgraded). (Assuming you use linux)

Regards

Johan