Re: webcamera not working

On 11/01/12 03:33, Andreas Berglund wrote:
> On 2012-01-10 00:45, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 10/01/12 04:22, Andreas Berglund wrote:

<snipped>

> Is paste.debian.org the correct address? dns wouldn't resolv for me.

My apologies.
That should have been paste.debian.*net* not paste.debian.*org*.

> I put the output here instead http://pastebin.com/Yfs4zL5T

Thanks.
Everything there looks as it should be - for the camera.

You appear to have a broken BIOS (which *shouldn't* affect the camera).
"Not enabling x2apic, Intr-remapping init failed."
I haven't experienced this issue - but there's at least one patch out
addressing it. See:-
http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/10/94

> The result of ls /dev/video* is /dev/video0

Then device creation is fine, and accords with dmesg.

It appears as if there isn't enough USB bandwidth for your device - try
it in other USB ports. Use:-
$ dmesg | tail -20 | grep ioctl
to see when you've found a USB bus that's not overloaded.

Test with:-
$ vlc v4l2:///dev/video0
because vlc "just works", and if it doesn't, it'll usually provide
instructive output.

NOTE: the Debian VLC, *not* the multimedia-debian VLC.

If, after trying all your USB ports you are still unable to solve the
problem, please post the output from the following commands (all run as
user):-

$ uname -a
$ vlc v4l2:///dev/video0
$ df -h