Re: Ufter upgrade Debian SID something wrong with sound - PulseAudio

Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:

> On 09/01/12 02:34, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:

>>> <snipped>

>> This changed little bit and don't know what I did to change it:
>> was:
>>
>> and now I get so many devices here to choose but now I choosed pulse:
>> Microphone  pulse (pulse)
>> Speakers    pulse (pulse)
>> Ringing     pulse (pulse)
>>
>> I have these devices to choose:
<snipped>

>> Skype doesn't work with none of them.
>> Skype is totally dumb. Why?
>
> Hard to tell - it's closed source :-(
>
> I'll have to duplicate your environment to tell for sure and I won't be
> able to do that until this evening.

>> <snipped>

>>> Bingo! I believe it's a mixer setting and the volume control you are
>>> using seems to control alsa levels.
>>>
>>> Try using pavucontrol to adjust sound levels
>>
>> I tried pavucontrol, and it is possible to adjust sound separate for
>> Fookb-wmaker too.
>>
>> <snipped>
>>

> I have never used Foookb-wmaker.

I just  tried it in the GNOME environment and the sound isn't so loud
now. That is because I used pavucontrol to adjusting sounds yesterday.

> Unless I've misremembered - you are running Gnome *and* WindowMaker....
> what is the situation when logged into Gnome?

Here in the GNOME Skype sounds can be heared well. Fookb-wmaker works
well too, it's sound isn't so loud as it was before.

I shall try out again in WMaker.

Ah, it works here too. So I must to login itno GNOME and logout from
there and login in WindowMaker to get things works?

--
Regards from Pal