Re: (Solved) Re: Wheezy: "module unix not found in modules.dep"

On Sun 08 Jan 2012 at 12:47:59 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Mmm, I was not aware of that change. Wheezy still has "util-linux" 2.19,
> and I boot directly into GNOME so I wouldn't even noticed the change :-)

Which will be the case with most users of a login manager. I read that
some distributions suppress all boot messages so as not to frighten the
children.

> But now you say, I will find that new feature very useful for my servers,
> I always have to manually "clear" the screen for the "curious eyes" and
> having the job automatically done will be great. Anyway, I hope this is a
> user configurable setting...

You'll have to hope those with "curious eyes" cannot speed read the
scrolling display or are ignorant of CTRL+S. What specifically is it
that they shouldn't see? And why?

It's only configurable by root with the --noclear option to getty in
/etc/inittab.