Re: global keybindings

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 15:23:45 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> This is a modified repost of a previous problem.
>
> Running Squeeze w/ Gnome and Metacity. Trying to change the key binding
> to run a terminal with no luck. System -> Preferences -> Keyboard
> Shortcuts Won't let me change the key. Keeps jumping to another action.
> Finaly was able to disable it. Applications -> System Tools ->
> Configuration Editor -> Apps -> Metacity -> global_keybindings ->
> run_command_terminal allows me to change the key and it seems to be
> persistent but has no effect, even after setting it as default. Even
> tried rebooting. Running a search turned up the above procedure and not
> much else.
>
> Any pointers appreciated.

The above procedure works here (lenny).

If I set, for instance, "<Control>a" as keycombo for "/apps/metacity/
global_keybindings/run_command_terminal" it works right after I define
the value (no need to restart nor relogin).

Which makes me think that maybe you are using a keycombo that is already
being used by other action and it collides with this. Have you tried with
different combinations?

It can be also happening that the keyboard layout is making noise here
(swapped Alt or Ctrl keys?).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón