Re: Screen resolution

On Sat 07 Jan 2012 at 11:49:08 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Did you try without the Modeline? As far as I know X should be able to
> compute it based on HorizSync, VertRefresh and Modes.

X may indeed do this but, after commenting out Modeline, the best it
could offer was 1024x768.

> Also, it might be interesting to pass DisplaySize so that DPI is
> correct.

Nothing doing here, either.

Thanks for the suggestions; they did as an incentive to review what I
did a couple of years ago but using a Modeline does appear to be my only
solution. No EDID information is available, by the way, because there is
an ancient KVM between the machines and the monitor.