Re: (Solved) Re: Wheezy: "module unix not found in modules.dep"

On Sat 07 Jan 2012 at 15:58:43 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> What "new sysvinit"? You mean "systemd"? :-?

How could you possibly imagine I would confuse sysvinit with systemd? If
you had thought I should have written 'util-linux' you would have been
spot-on, however. :-)

Apologies for being cryptic but it passed through my mind when replying
to your first post that 'module unix not found in modules.dep' would
have been visible during and after booting. util-linux 2.20.1-1.1 has a
getty which clears the screen before presenting the login prompt, which
may make picking up on messages such as these less easy. (sysvinit
provides inittab, which uses getty and which partly explains why I got
muddled).