[OT] Typing stuff (was: Dvorak Keyboards.)

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 11:26:31 +0000, Raf Czlonka wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 10:52:53AM GMT, Camaleón wrote:
>> I'm sure memorizing the keys or using a blank keyboard is an easy task
>> for professional typists :-)
>
> I disagree, you don't have to be a professional typist to memorise the
> keys on your keyboard. As long as you use a keyboard daily there's
> nothing stopping you. First step, without which you'll never succeed, is
> learning how to touch type. After you're comfortable with that switch to
> a blank keyboard, it will be awkward at first but you'll get used to it.
> You don't have to be a master touch typist, as long as you know how the
> keys relate to each other you can figure it out. Practice and it'll
> eventually come naturally.

Needless to say I never made any specific training for typing but by
reading your words I must be a slowpoke person :-)

I've been intensively typing for over the last 11 years (and also before
but not daily and mostly for playing) but I haven't developed such typing
skills though I would have loved to. I have to constantly look at the
keyboard or I can royally fail ~90% of the clicked keys.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón