Re: Dvorak Keyboards.

--- On Fri, 1/6/12, Weaver <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:

> You could use a blank keyboard with a dvorak layout pretty effectively
> pretty quickly if you used the speakup feature to put speech on your sound
> card for those typing sessions.

I'd suggest klavaro application to improve one's typing skills, it supports several popular layouts including dvorak. With a blank keyboard one would need to be able to blind type.

I like the app, I can certainly see improvement in my case.

$ aptitude show klavaro
Package: klavaro
Version: 1.9.3-1
 Klavaro is a simple tutor to teach correct typing, almost independently of language and very flexible
 regarding to new or unknown keyboard layouts.

 Its key features are:
 * Internationalization
 * Ready to use keyboard layouts
 * Keyboard layout editor
 * Basic course
 * Adaptability, velocity and fluidness exercises
 * Progress charts.
Homepage: http://klavaro.sourceforge.net