Re: Which development and image libraries needed to build emacs-24

On 01/06/2012 02:32 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
I'm sorry since I asked this question a while back but am not finding
the answers now... search.gmane.org only turns up the same question by
me from 2008.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/342622

Googling brings up this same thread as the first hit.

But apparently the package names have changed or something since
search for the pkgs mentioned there fails.

So cutting to the chase:

When I run this configure command:
./configure --with-xft --with-x-toolkit=lucid \
            --prefix=/usr/local/src/vcs/bzr/test/

I get this final error:

,----
| configure: error: You seem to be running X, but no X development libraries
| were found.  You should install the relevant development files for X
| and for the toolkit you want, such as Gtk+, Lesstif or Motif.  Also make
| sure you have development files for image handling, i.e.
| tiff, gif, jpeg, png and xpm.
`----

I know I recently had this problem and solved it with someones
help... but am not finding that solution now.

Can anyone offer a suggestion of what pkgs might be missing.

maybe you don't  have the xserver-xorg.dev package installed?

dpkg -l xserver-xorg-*

WT